Coffee Champurrado Recipe
(Mexican Hot Chocolate with Coffee)
Estimated time: 20 minutes
- 1/3 cup instant corn masa flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablet authentic Mexican hot chocolate drink mix, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped or grated piloncillo or firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups hot brewed Café Bustelo® Espresso Coffee
- Ground cinnamon
1. PLACE masa flour in medium saucepan. Whisk in water and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly.
2. STIR in chopped chocolate and piloncillo.
3. ADD brewed coffee. Return to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to low. Cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute or until thickened to desired consistency. Cool at least 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon, if desired. Serve immediately.