Cafecito (Cuban Coffee) Recipe
Estimated time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup Café Bustelo® Espresso Coffee
- 1/4 to 1/3 cups sugar
1. FILL stove-top or electric moka pot according to manufacturer's instructions using water and coffee. Reassemble moka pot. Begin to brew over medium heat.
2. PLACE sugar in 2-cup liquid measuring cup or metal pitcher. As soon as espresso begins to brew, pour about 1/2 tablespoon espresso over the sugar. Return moka pot to the heat to finish brewing. (Remove from heat as soon as brewing is complete.)
3. BEAT sugar and espresso with small spoon until mixture turns into a creamy, pale beige paste and most of the sugar is dissolved, about 1 to 2 minutes.
4. POUR brewed espresso gently over the creamed sugar. Stir gently. A thin layer of sugar foam should float on top. Pour into espresso cups. Serve immediately.