Café Con Leche Recipe
Estimated time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup Café Bustelo® Espresso Coffee
- 1/4 to 1/3 cups sugar
- 3 cups whole milk
1. FILL stove-top or electric moka pot according to manufacturer's instructions using water and coffee. Reassemble moka pot. Begin to brew over medium heat.
2. PLACE sugar in 2-cup liquid measuring cup or metal pitcher. As soon as espresso begins to brew, pour about 1/2 tablespoon espresso over the sugar. Return moka pot to the heat to finish brewing. (Remove from heat as soon as brewing is complete.)
3. BEAT sugar and espresso vigorously with small spoon until mixture turns into a creamy, pale beige paste and most of the sugar is dissolved, about 1 to 2 minutes.
4. MICROWAVE milk in large microwave-safe bowl about 4 minutes, until very hot but not boiling. Beat with mixer on high speed 1 minute, or until a thick layer of foam forms on surface. Pour milk into 4 mugs, reserving foam.
5. POUR brewed espresso gently over the creamed sugar. Stir gently. Pour over milk in mugs. Spoon foam on top. Serve immediately.